What is a Wheelchair lifts for houses？
Disabled lifts are also called barrier-free lifts. In order to facilitate the travel and sightseeing of disabled people, they are used in communities, hospitals, schools, hotels, hotels, public places and other places. Barrier-free lifts are installed beside the escalators in the tourist elevator passage. The barrier-free lift can accommodate wheelchairs. The disabled or people with limited mobility only need to press the help buttons at both ends, and the staff on duty will immediately turn on the automatic lift.
The barrier-free lifting platform is a lift specially designed and manufactured for the disabled. The barrier-free lifting platform is mainly used in public places such as hospitals, schools, hotels, hotels, shopping malls, etc. The barrier-free lifting platform can accommodate wheelchairs, the disabled or the disabled Just press the help button at both ends, and the on-duty staff will immediately turn on the automatic lift.
The composition of the lift for the disabled：
The lift for the disabled is composed of three major parts: the lifting platform guide rail and the drive box; the lifting platform is made of C-shaped steel as the main component, and adopts the "rocker self-reset switch operation", which is installed without foundation pit and is directly fixed on the concrete floor ( In the case of outdoor applications without a bottom pit, the concrete floor below the platform shall not be lower than the surrounding ground), the lifting bottom plate can be manually lowered when the manual hydraulic valve is opened; hydraulically driven, the lifting is stable and safe, and the exterior adopts brushed stainless steel material and aluminum plate electrostatic spray plastic case/panel , Small and beautiful appearance, does not hinder the surrounding environment. The lift for the disabled is directly installed on the ground, without the need for supporting pits for civil works, the construction is simple, the product is not easy to accumulate water, not easy to rust, and easy to maintain. The lifting height is 1-6 meters!
Configuration of Wheelchair lifts for houses：
Disabled lift drive system: hydraulic or screw drive
Handicapped lift operation mode: jog control/or automatic
The installation method of the lift for the disabled: No foundation pit installation, directly fixed on the concrete floor
Disabled lift external control device: The outbound call box is placed on the wall near the upper and lower parking floors of the equipment, and a remote control can also be used
Emergency stop of the disabled lift: Press the emergency button switch to control the machine to run.
Manual operation of the lift for the disabled: The lifting bottom plate can be lowered manually when the manual hydraulic valve is opened, or when the screw is manually rotated.
Disabled lift safety device:
Disabled lift safety interlock: any abnormal operation, the lifting platform can not run.
Handicapped lift safety touch panel: When the safety touch panel encounters an obstacle during operation, the operation will stop immediately.
Emergency lowering of the lift for the disabled: When there is no power or failure, the device is manually lowered.
Manual safety door for disabled lifts: the platform leaves the station, the safety door is manually locked, and the station is manually opened.
Disabled lift safety key: special key control, special personnel.
The barrier-free lifting platform for the disabled has become popular with the transformation of the barrier-free environment for the disabled in China. Its popularity not only reflects people's care for the disabled and other vulnerable groups, but also a manifestation of the moral level of today's society.
Wheelchair lifts for houses applications：
Wheelchair lifts installed in the interior of homes are also available with factory-made enclosures or can be placed within a hoistway that meets local codes. Most platform lifts are built to meet the ASME A18.1 standard. Wheelchair lifts are so versatile they can even be installed outdoors for year-round accessibility.
How to use a Wheelchair lifts for houses？
1. The elevator is equipped with floor doors, car running direction indicator lights, digital display car, running position floor indicator and elevator call button at each service floor station. When the elevator call button is used, press the up direction button to go upstairs, and press the direction button to go downstairs.
2. When the car arrives, the floor direction indication will show the moving direction of the car. Passengers enter the car after judging the direction they want to go and confirming that the elevator is normal. Pay attention to the closing of the door, and do not stay at the connection between the floor door and the car door.
3. There are position display, control panel, door switch button and floor selection button in the car. After entering the car, press the floor selection button of the desired floor. To close the car door immediately, press the door close button. The car floor position indicator shows that you have reached the floor and you can leave after the car door is opened.
4. The rated load of this elevator is limited, and it cannot be overloaded. Please exit automatically when people are overloaded.
5. Passenger elevators cannot be used as freight elevators, and flammable and explosive materials are absolutely not allowed to be shipped.
6. When an abnormal phenomenon or failure occurs in the elevator, keep calm, call the rescue phone in the car, and do not attempt to escape from the car by breaking the door without authorization.
7. Passengers are not allowed to lean on the car door, smoking and littering in the car are not allowed, so as to keep the car clean and hygienic.
8. Passengers should take good care of the elevator facilities, and are not allowed to arbitrarily press buttons or pry the door.
9. The driver must strictly perform the duties of the post. During the operation of the elevator, the driver must not leave the post. If the fault is found, it should be dealt with and reported in time.
10. It is not allowed for the driver to use the inspection and emergency stop buttons as the call signal before starting the normal operation; it is not allowed to use the inspection speed to operate under the condition that the floor and the car door are opened; it is not allowed to open the car top trap door and safety door ; It is not allowed to transport super-long objects at the inspection speed; it is not allowed to use the manual car door opening and closing as the start or stop function of the elevator; it is not allowed to change direction suddenly during operation.
11. The driver should always check the operation of the elevator, regularly contact the elevator for maintenance, and keep a record of maintenance.
12. When the elevator is out of use, the driver should park the car at the base station, turn off all the switches on the operating panel, and close the landing door. In case of a power outage notice, stop the elevator in advance.
Q1: What are wheelchair lifts for houses?
A1: Wheelchair lifts for houses, also known as residential wheelchair lifts or home lifts, are mechanical devices designed to provide vertical transportation between different levels within a home. These lifts are specifically built to offer wheelchair accessibility and mobility for individuals with limited mobility.
Q2: Where can wheelchair lifts for houses be installed?
A2: Wheelchair lifts for houses can be installed indoors to connect different floors of a home, such as from the ground level to an upper floor, a basement, or a mezzanine. They are commonly used in single-family homes, multi-story residences, and other housing structures.
Q3: How do wheelchair lifts for houses operate?
A3: Wheelchair lifts for houses operate using a motorized lifting mechanism. They typically consist of a platform that moves vertically along a guide rail. Users can access the lift by rolling their wheelchair onto the platform. The lift's movement is controlled by buttons or switches located on the lift or through a remote control.
Q4: Are wheelchair lifts for houses safe to use?
A4: Yes, wheelchair lifts for houses are designed with safety features to ensure user safety. These features often include guardrails, non-slip surfaces, emergency stop buttons, and safety sensors that detect obstacles and prevent the lift from moving if necessary. Regular maintenance and safety checks are recommended for continued safe operation.
Q5: Can wheelchair lifts for houses be customized to fit specific spaces?
A5: Yes, many wheelchair lifts for houses offer customization options to fit the unique layout of a home. They come in different sizes, platform shapes, and configurations to adapt to various spaces, whether compact or more open.
Q6: What is the weight capacity of typical wheelchair lifts for houses?
A6: Wheelchair lifts for houses come with varying weight capacities, typically ranging from around 500 pounds to over 1000 pounds, depending on the model and design. It's crucial to choose a lift that can safely accommodate the weight of both the user and their mobility device.
Q7: Are there regulations and codes for installing wheelchair lifts for houses?
A7: Yes, regulations and codes may apply based on your location. In the United States, for example, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and local building codes often dictate accessibility requirements and safety standards for home wheelchair lifts.
Q8: Are wheelchair lifts for houses suitable for indoor and outdoor installation?
A8: While many wheelchair lifts for houses are designed for indoor installation, some models can be adapted for outdoor use with appropriate weather-resistant features and materials. It's important to select the right model based on where the lift will be installed.
Q9: Are wheelchair lifts for houses energy-efficient?
A9: Some modern wheelchair lifts for houses are designed with energy-efficient features, such as standby modes and energy-efficient motors. These features can help reduce energy consumption and operating costs.
Q10: How can I choose the right wheelchair lift for my house?
A10: To choose the right wheelchair lift for your house, consider factors such as available space, height requirements, weight capacity, indoor or outdoor installation, and customization needs.